How to install DesignMerge software
This article will instruct you on how to install your DesignMerge software and optional modules. The steps provided below are for a full installation of the software onto an existing or new computer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Before you begin, you will need the following items:
- DesignMerge Software Installer
First you will need access to the software installer for the DesignMerge product you wish to install. All installers are available on our Downloads Page, or our support team may send you a direct link to the installer that you need.
- List of Optional Modules to Install
If you have purchased any optional modules for DesignMerge software, you will need to know what those are. All optional modules associated with an order will be listed in the email link sent as a part of your order. Our support team may also provide you with a list of any optional modules you have purchased. During the installation process you will be prompted to choose any optional modules that you wish to install.
- Software Order Code
Once you have installed the software and optional modules, you must activate all module using the order code provided by Meadows. You may find the order code in the email link sent as a part of your order, or the specific order code may have been given to you by our support team.
If you no longer have a copy of the DesignMerge installer, you are welcome to download one from the Downloads Page on our web site. If you are running an older version of Adobe InDesign, you may access older versions of the DesignMerge installers at the Legacy DesignMerge Downloads Page on our web site.
To install DesignMerge software along with any Optional Modules, please follow the instructions below:
- Quit Adobe InDesign.
- Download and run the DesignMerge software installer.
- During the installation process, you will be prompted to choose the Optional Modules you wish to install. Select the optional modules to install by selecting the checkbox next the module. Please select only the optional modules that you have licensed.
- Continue with the installation process until complete.
If you have not received an Order Code, you are welcome to run the module in Demo Mode instead. While running in Demo Mode the software will be restricted. Please contact Meadows to obtain a full and unrestricted trial license for DesignMerge software.
Once you have completed the software installation, you must now activate the software. For this you will need your product Order Code. If you have not received an order code, you are welcome to run the module in Demo Mode instead. While running in Demo Mode the software will be restricted. Please contact Meadows to obtain a full and unrestricted trial license for DesignMerge software.
- Run your Adobe InDesign application.
- When the software loads, you will be prompted to enter the Order Code for your software. Enter the order code along with your Company and Contact information.
- If you installed any optional modules, you will be prompted to activate each module in the same fashion. Please use the identical Order Code to activate each module.
At this point installation and activation of DesignMerge software is complete.
TRANSFER SETUP INFORMATION (OPTIONAL)
If you are installing onto a new computer, or for a brand new version of Adobe InDesign on the same computer, you may wish to transfer your settings from the old system. Typically this is required only for DesignMerge Catalog users, or for any users that may be running custom scripts. Please refer to any of the following links for more details about transferring your DesignMerge information.