How to Create a VDP Package
The VDP Packager is a standard feature of DesignMerge Pro software that will collect all of the variable assets required for any VDP job, and store those assets together in a folder. We call this the VDP Package Folder.
For technical support requests, we will often ask that you create a VDP Package of the job in question so that we can fully review the job details on our systems. Please follow the steps below to create a VDP Package of your job.
1) Open the InDesign document that you wish to package.
2) Select the menu item DesignMerge > Options > VDP Packager...
3) You will be prompted to select the data file you wish to use. Navigate to and select the data file that you wish to include with the package.
4) If your job contains any variable graphics or articles, you will be prompted to search for these assets. Answer Yes if prompted to search for Variable Assets.
5) The VDP Packager window will be displayed. This window lists all of the assets required for the VDP job. Please verify that the Status next to each item is listed as OK. Also please enter a name for the VDP Package file in the designated area (by default, the base name of the InDesign document is used as the package name).
6) Click the Create VDP Package... button when ready.
7) You will be prompted to choose a location to store the VDP Package. Select a location, or just save the package to your desktop.
8) The VDP Package folder will be created and stored in the selected location. You should now have a folder in this location (or a Zip file, depending upon your preference settings) that matches the package name you entered.
9) If you are submitting the package folder to Meadows tech support, please create a .zip file of the package folder before uploading. NOTE: There is a Preference item in the VDP Packager that will automatically create a .zip file package for you. You may wish to enable this preference for future packages.
Attach Package Zip File to Support Ticket
Once you have created a package .zip file, you may attach it to your support ticket (maximum size is 30 MB). If the zip file size exceeds 30 MB, then please send the file to our uploads site at www.meadowsps.com/uploads. Once on the uploads site, simply specify the default email address of firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to receive it.