InDesign File menu entries not available for selection
InDesign preferences can become corrupt when the InDesign application quits unexpectedly or when you force quit InDesign. One consequence of this is that the Save, Save As, or Export entries in the InDesign File menu may become unavailable for selection. If this should occur, you can resolve this by resetting the preferences for InDesign for the user account running the application. To do this:
Then, on Windows, start InDesign and immediately hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift and keep these four keys held down while the application is starting.
On Macintosh, start InDesign while pressing Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift and keep these four keys held down while the application is starting.
You should get a prompt asking to confirm deletion of the preferences, confirm that and InDesign will launch with default settings. If you do not see a prompt to delete preferences, then quit InDesign and try again.
For more details, see the following online Adobe InDesign Help "Set preferences" page:
ABOUT MEADOWS DESIGNMERGE® PRO SOFTWARE
DesignMerge® Pro is a powerful suite of variable-data printing and data publishing software for Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress that provides the ability to automatically produce any type of variable data output. The software is used by thousands of customers worldwide.
Anything can be variable, including variable text and pictures, articles, and even complete layouts, and built-in suport is provided for variable USPS Intelligent Mail Bar Codes.
Other major features of DesignMerge include automatic copy-fitting, advanced conditional programming (Rules), and multi-up imposition support. DesignMerge supports all of the major variable data output formats, including PostScript, PPML, PDF/VT, and Creo VPS and is compatible with printers from every major vendor.
In addition, DesignMerge can also be extended to produce variable 2D Bar Codes (QR Codes, PDF417, and Data Matrix) and other types of Linear Bar Codes (Code 128, UPC, Code 39, etc.). DesignMerge is great for creating personalized publications such as invitations, business cards, certificates, custom catalogs, etc.
For more information about DesignMerge, go to http://www.designmerge.com.
ABOUT MEADOWS AUTOPRICE™ / DESIGNMERGE® CATALOG SOFTWARE
AutoPrice or DesignMerge Catalog, available as plug-ins for Adobe InDesign or XTensions for QuarkXPress, helps to streamline the production and versioning of catalogs, price lists, retail flyers and financial documents.
AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog provides sophisticated linking of InDesign or QuarkXPress documents to any external database of information (either flat-file, or ODBC). AutoPrice is great for performing price, picture, or text updates for any type of information that can be referenced by a “key value” such as product number (SKU).
- Saves time by automatically updating information from any flat-file or ODBC-compliant database. No more manual price changes.
- Allows last-minute revisions so published information is always current & consistent.
- Reduces errors and speeds proofing.
- Includes helpful reporting features for the AutoPrice tagged content in your documents.
- Allows you to instantly swap out product pictures, logos or any type of graphic image.
- Automate versioning: spin off multiple catalog versions from a single original.
- Extend AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog with the optional Meadows Exporter Pro software to extract data from a QuarkXPress or InDesign document to a database file, which can then be used to populate Web, e-commerce or digital content databases .
- Extend AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog with the optional Meadows PDF Exporter software to produce PDFs that contain hyperlinks based on the AutoPrice Links in your documents.
- Extend AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog with the optional Meadows Squinch Reporter software to automate generating square inch analysis reports.
- Extend AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog with the optional Meadows Index Builder software which provides a very powerful set of tools for creating catalog indexes
- Extend AutoPrice/DesignMerge Catalog with the optional Meadows 2D Bar Code software to place updatable 2D Bar Codes (QR Codes, PDF417, and Data Matrix) in your documents.
For more information about AutoPrice or DesignMerge Catalog, go to http://www.meadowsps.com/autoprice.
Copyright © Meadows Information Systems, LLC d/b/a Meadows Publishing Solutions. All rights reserved worldwide.
DesignMerge is a registered trademark of Meadows Information Systems, LLC.
AutoPrice is a trademark of Meadows Information Systems, LLC.
Index Builder and Index Tagger are trademarks of Meadows Information Systems, LLC.
Adobe and InDesign are registered trademarks of Adobe, Inc.
Quark, QuarkXPress and XTensions are registered trademarks of Quark, Inc.