InDesign Type Contextual Controls may cause InDesign to hang or quit unexpectedly
Some customers have reported system lockups that are related to the InDesign feature called Type Contextual Controls. You will know this feature is enabled if you see a little 'o' icon that appears briefly next to the cursor while you are editing text in a document.
If you are not using this feature, we recommend that you turn it off. Here is how to turn off this feature:
- Open the InDesign Preferences dialog.
- Select the Advanced Type section.
- Deselect (uncheck) both of the following check boxes:
• Show for Character Alternates, Fractions, Ordinals, and Ligatures
• Show Adornment on Text Selection/Text Frame for more Type controls
- Click OK to close the Preferences dialog.