How do I deactivate my Meadows software?
Some Meadows software products, including DesignMerge and EngageIT VDP, allow you to transfer the license between different computers.
If you wish to transfer your Meadows software license to a different computer, you must first deactivate the license on the computer where it has been installed. Once deactivated, the software can then be installed and re-activated on a different computer.
Note that the platform (Macintosh or Windows) must be the same between computers. The software license does not allow activation across more than one platform.
This document describes how to deactivate Meadows DesignMerge software, and also for individual Meadows plug-in modules that may be installed as optional modules in your DesignMerge system.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE DESIGNMERGE SOFTWARE
To deactivate DesignMerge Pro or DesignMerge Catalog (formerly called AutoPrice) software, please do the following:
1) Open the DesignMerge menu and select Help > About DesignMerge. This will open the About window for that software.
2) To deactivate DesignMerge (and all DesignMerge optional modules), simply click the Deactivate button and follow the prompts.
Your DesignMerge software has now been deactivated and can be re-activated on the same or a different computer system.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE DESIGNMERGE OPTIONAL MODULE
Sometimes, you may wish to deactivate only a specific plug-in module, but leave the rest of the DesignMerge system operational. For example, perhaps you have licensed the Squinch Reporter Module for DesignMerge Catalog, and you wish to move this module to a different DesignMerge computer.
To deactivate a specific DesignMerge optional module (or other Meadows plug-in module), without deactivating the main DesignMerge license, please follow these steps:
1) Open the InDesign menu on Macintosh (or the Help menu on Windows), and select the About Plug-Ins menu.
2) Look for a sub-menu called Meadows or MPS and select it.
3) You will see a list of all Meadows plug-in modules installed on your system. Select the module that you wish to deactivate. This will open the About window for that software.
4) To deactivate the module, simply click the Deactivate button and follow the prompts.
Your module has now been deactivated and can be re-activated on the same or a different computer system.
REMOVING MEADOWS SOFTWARE
Deactivating the software or an individual module does not remove the Meadows software from your system. If you want to permanently remove the software from your system (so it does not attempt to load when InDesign starts up), please see the following article:
CANNOT DEACTIVATE YOUR SOFTWARE?
We understand that sometimes computers crash, or a software upate occurs before you have had a chance to deactivate your Meadows software. If you would like us to manually deactivate your Meadows software product, please open a support ticket at www.meadowsps.com/support.