How do I share or back up my CopyFit Sets?
The CopyFit feature allows you to save up to 10 distinct sets of copy fitting parameters that you can customize, allowing you to apply quickly specific combinations of formatting adjustments, priorities, methods, and copy fitting styles. To share or back up your customized CopyFit sets, do the following:
- Create a new single-page document. Name this document, for example, "my copyfit sets" and perhaps add the date or a version number to that name.
- Place 10 text frames on the page in this document. Inside each frame, enter the name of one of your CopyFit sets. If you are using the default names, this will be "Set 1" or "Set 2" etc.
- Now, select the frame for your first CopyFit set, open the CopyFit panel, load your first CopyFit set and tag the frame with these CopyFit parameters.
- Next, select the frame for your second CopyFit set, load your second CopyFit set into the CopyFit panel and tag the frame with these CopyFit parameters.
- Repeat for the remaining eight frames on the page.
- Save this document which now contains a copy of the parameters assigned to each of your CopyFit sets.
Whenever you or someone else would like to update a set to match the set you have stored in this document, do the following:
- Open the "my copyfit sets" document.
- Select the frame for the CopyFit set that you wish to match.
- Open the CopyFit panel and select the Set that you wish to update.
- Click the Read Box Tag button on the CopyFit panel to load the CopyFit settings stored inside this frame.
- Click the Update button on the CopyFit panel to update the set with these new parameters.