How to retain or recover your older InDesign version when updating
RETAIN OLDER INDESIGN VERSION WHEN UPDATING TO NEW VERSION
The instructions provided here pertain to any version of Adobe InDesign. If you would like to retain your current version of Adobe InDesign when updating to the very latest major version of Adobe InDesign, please see the details below. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to fill out a support ticket at www.meadowsps.com/support.
Retain Previous Version(s) of InDesign
When you update to a newer, major version of Adobe InDesign (for example, going from the 2022 version to the 2023 version), by default the Adobe installer will remove the previous version(s) of InDesign. However, you can set a preference to retain the previous version.
- Select the Account icon in the upper-right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Select Preferences.
- Select the Apps tab in the Preferences sidebar.
- Turn off Auto-update.
- Click Done.
Now the update will place the new version of InDesign software into a new folder within your Applications folder, allowing you to continue to operate the older version of Adobe InDesign if you wish.
Re-Install a Previous Version of InDesign
If the update removed a previous version of InDesign and you need to re-install it, you can still do so by following the steps outlined here:
- Open the Creative Cloud app.
- Click on All apps in the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the InDesign app and click the More Actions icon (...)
- In the drop-down list, select Other Versions.
- Find the version that you wish to re-install and select Install.
- Confirm that you wish to continue with the installation.
You will also need to re-install your Meadows software for that version of Adobe InDesign.
For additional information, please click here: