InDesign Crashing in Print Driver Session
Please try each of the following recommendations to resolve this:
1) First try to preview at least a dozen or so records to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the merging process itself. If you are encountering a problem while previewing data being merged into the document, this may illuminate why this is happening. If not, then try each of the following steps.
2) Reset your DesignMerge preferences to the defaults as follows:
Select DesignMerge>>Help>>Open settings folder...
Navigate into the "Config" folder
Delete all files inside the "Config" folder that end with the ".prf" file name extension.
3) Next reset your InDesign preferences. This can be accomplished as follows:
(Macintosh) Click to start InDesign and immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Option+Command. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
(Windows) Click to start InDesign and immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
4) If you are still encountering a problem, but are able to merge the document successfully on another workstation, then export the DDF Settings from that other workstation where the file is working properly and import those settings into the problem workstation. Here's how to do it:
> On good workstation: DesignMerge>>Utilities>>Database>>Export DDF Set... (save to file)
> On problem workstation: DesignMerge>>Utilities>>Database>>Import DDF Set.. (select file exported in previous set)
5) If you continue to have problems after that we will need to receive the job's files. Please open a support ticket to alert us to this issue and we will provide instructions to send us the files.