How do I place an AutoPrice Variable Meadows 2D Bar Code in a document?
The Meadows 2D Bar Code Module is currently available as an optional module in AutoPrice for InDesign Creative Cloud (InDesign v9 or later). This module provides the ability to place a Meadows 2D Bar Code in a document.
To place a Variable Meadows 2D Bar Code in a document: First, place a Meadows 2D Bar Code in the document. For more information about this, see the How do I place a Meadows 2D Bar Code in a document? Knowledgebase Article.
Then, to make the Meadows 2D Bar Code a Variable, do the following:
- Use the InDesign Selection tool to select the text frame that contains the Meadows 2D Bar Code.
- Open the AutoPrice floating palette if it is not already showing.
- Select a Link for the 2D Bar Code, assign a Rule if desired, and specify the appropriate Search Key. When selecting a Link, select a Variable Link whose Link Type is Text or Article.
- When ready, click the Tag Box button on the AutoPrice floating palette.
- If your document is showing frame edges, you will now see an icon indicating an AutoPrice Variable Box Link has been assigned to the text frame containing the Meadows 2D Bar Code.
- When ready, merge the document as you normally would. The assigned Variable Box Link will deliver data to the Meadows 2D Bar Code Module which will then place a 2D Bar Code in the text frame to represent that data.